My Grandma's Apple Cake with Cinnamon Crackle Glaze is tender, studded with fruit and nuts and is topped with the most delicious cinnamon glaze!
For the cake:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 1/2 cups apples (diced)
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla extract
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together sugars, eggs and oil until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour the batter into baking pan. (It will be thick with the apples and nuts very visible.)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the glaze
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir or whisk together all ingredients.
- Allow glaze to thicken slightly - stirring frequently - and pour it over the warm cake.
- Use a spatula to quickly and gently, spread the glaze over the surface of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool, then slice and serve.
A quick tip: Since the cake and glaze have similar ingredients, measure the ingredients for the glaze right into your saucepan as you measure them for the cake.
Keywords: apple cake, cinnamon glaze