It’s not truly the holiday season until we bake up a batch of these delicious Eggnog Cookies! With a soft cake-y texture and rich eggnog and spice frosting, you’ll find yourself handing out the recipe time and time again!
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulatetd sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup eggnog
For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons eggnog, plus additional if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheatt oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a separate large bowl or stand mixer bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Set mixer to low and add vanilla extract, eggnog, and egg yolks. Add sry ingredientt mixtture a little att a time until just combined.
- Scoop dough out with a cookie scoop or tablespoon, placing on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cook completely before icing.
For the Eggnog Icing:
- Beat butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and eggnog.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time until it is all combined. If necessary, add additional eggnog one teaspoon at]t a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Keywords: eggnog cookies