These easy Cream Cheese mints are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and perfect for gifting around the holidays.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar plus additional 1/2 cup for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sprinkles (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, mint extract, milk, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons of sprinkles in a large bowl or stand mixer until fully blended.
- Add remaining powdered sugar 1 cup at a time while mixing by hand.
- Mix 1/4 cup sprinkles and additional 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into balls and then roll the balls in the sprinkle mixture and place on a baking sheet or plate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then flatten with a fork.
Yes, store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. They will last two weeks in the fridge.
These mints freeze very well! Store in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container up to 9 months.
You can make these with peppermint extract, spearmint extract, peppermint oil, or even try other extracts like almond, lemon, cherry, or orange! It’s a fun recipe to experiment with.
If the dough is sticky, add more powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing by hand, until it is no longer sticky and can be easily rolled into balls.
You can use candy molds to shape these candies. You may want to lightly dust the molds with powdered sugar to prevent sticking if they are not flexible enough to “pop” the candies out once hardened.
Keywords: cream cheese mints