- 2 lbs chicken (breasts or tenders)
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- In an 12x8 baking dish (mine is a little over 2 qt), arrange the chicken in a single layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with diced ham.
- Place slices of swiss cheese across the ham.
- Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375* until the chicken reaches 165*, the cheese is melted and the top of the casserole is browned - about 15 to 20 minutes.
Depending on the thickness and size of your chicken breasts/tenders, bake time may vary. I use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked properly.
I purchased the diced ham in the pork section of my grocery store, but you can also dice a ham steak or use slices of ham from the deli.