This cherry pineapple dessert (or cherry pineapple dump cake) is our family favorite! Everyone always asks for the recipe & can’t believe it’s so easy!
- One box yellow cake mix
- One 15 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- One 20z. can of crushed pineapple (undrained)
- One stick (1/2 cup Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter, melted)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple, including the juice.
- Spread cherry pineapple mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the cherry pineapple mixture.
- Sprinkle pecans over the cake mix.
- Melt butter and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Drizzle butter over the cake mix and pecans – try to cover as much of the dry cake mix as possible.
- Bake about 45 minutes until top is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
Baking times may vary due to oven temperatures and size/type of baking dish. The recipe above calls for a 9×13 rectangle baking dish. I divided the recipe between a 9-inch pie plate and a 7-inch disposable pie plate to gift our neighbor!
Keywords: cherry pineapple dump cake