They may be bite sized, but these super easy Carrot Cake Cookie Cups are filled with a healthy dollop of cream cheese frosting and they are the perfect way to get your carrot cake fix in a few delicious bites!
- One box of carrot cake cake mix
- One stick (1/2 cup softened butter)
- 1 large egg
- One tub of cream cheese frosting
- Orange sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare two 12-cavity mini muffin pans with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, softened butter and egg.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of dough in each well of the muffin pans.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookie cups to cool for about 1 minute.
- Use a tart press/tart tamper or the back of a rounded measuring spoon to press down gently in the center of each cookie cup, creating a well.
- Allow cookie cups to cool completely.
- Fill a piping bag with cream cheese frosting.
- Pipe a pretty swirl of frosting in each cookie cup and garnish with sparkly orange sugar.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.