- 2 lbs. fresh brussels sprouts
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 – 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp and remove to drain on a paper towel lined plate. (Do not drain skillet.)
- While the bacon is cooking, remove any wilted leaves and excess stems from the brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Sauté the brussels sprouts in the bacon drippings until they begin to brown and soften.
- Crumble the cooled bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock and return bacon to the pan.
- Cover and stir occasionally, allowing the brussels sprouts to simmer/steam until they are fork tender. Add additional stock if necessary. My brussels sprouts were fork tender in about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Stir in the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and soy sauce and stir to coat the brussels sprouts.
- Allow the brussels sprouts to simmer 2 – 3 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy!