Ripe berries, donut holes, thick cut bacon and cheese are the stars of these sweet and savory Berry Brunch Kabobs! Aren't they perfect for Mothers' Day brunch or a morning with the girls?!
For 12 Berry Brunch Kabob
- 6 strawberries (cut lengthwise from top to bottom)
- 12 cheese rounds (see notes)
- 12 donut holes
- 6 strips of thick cut bacon (cut in 1/2 to make 12 pieces)
- 12 six inch bamboo skewers
Assemble each kabob
- Slide a cheese round down the skewer leaving enough room to hold the kabob easily.
- Add a donut hole and let it rest on the cheese round.
- Thread a slice of cooked bacon onto the skewer.
- Finally, add the strawberry half on top of the bacon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*To make the decorative cheese rounds: Cut 1/2 inch thick slices from a block of cheddar cheese. If you are using a cookie cutter (I used a flower) to create a decorative shape, make sure the slice is wide enough to fit the entire cutter. Then, press the cookie cutter through the cheese slice to create a flower shaped cheese round. Use the cheese scraps to nibble, top nachos or add to a salad.
Keywords: brunch kabob