Baked Pork Chops and Rice is an easy, flavorful all-in-one meal the entire family will love! This comfort food recipe combines perfectly seasoned pork chops baked in the oven until fork-tender with a hearty mushroom rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 thick boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 10-ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and sear the porkchops on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops to a large casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, combine condensed soup, milk, 1 teaspoon rosemary, thyme, and butter. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add rice and stir to mix.
- Pour rice mixture over the pork chops, cover with foil and bake for two hours.
- Serve with fresh parsley if desired.
- remove pork chops from refrigerator for 15 minutes before cooking
Keywords: baked pork chops and rice