These cheese and bacon filled Twice Baked Potato Cups – baked in a muffin tin! – are a quick & easy way to give leftover mashed potatoes a tasty makeover!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (homemade or store bought)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of cooked (crumbled bacon)
- Sour cream (butter, chives (optional))
- Preheat oven to 375* and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, beaten egg, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of the chopped bacon.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cups of the muffin tin and press down lightly to pack the potato mixture down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove tin from the oven and top the potato cups with the remaining 1/4 of cheddar cheese.
- Pop the muffin tin back in the oven and allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven, top with the remaining bacon and allow the cups to cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife or off set spatula to remove the potato cups from the muffin tin and serve with additional toppings if desired.
- Enjoy immediately!
Recipe from Muffin Tin Meals by Melanie LaDue.
Keywords: twice baked potato