This easy gravy recipe is perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter and requires just a few simple ingredient and NO drippings!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft and beginning to become translucent, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add flour to the butter mixture and whisk continuously until there are no lumps, cooking for one minute.
- Slowly add broth while continuing to whisk. Stir in poultry seasoning.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened, continuing to whisk the entire time.
- Remove pan from heat and season to taste with salt.
Keywords: turkey gravy without drippings