Texas Tornado Cake is a super easy and fast dessert recipe to whip together in a pinch. With just a few pantry staples you can have this delicious cake ready to serve in less than an hour!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients until blended.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack and poke holes about 1 inch apart in the cake with a wooden skewer, chopstick, or handle of a wooden spoon.
- Combine butter, vanilla, evaporated milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium high heat, stirring often, until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts and coconut flakes. Pour mixture over the cake while it is still hot and spread evenly. Let topping set a few minutes before serving for best results.
Keywords: Texas Tornado cake, do nothing cake