Get a burst of sweet and citrus with these delicious Key Lime Shortbread Cookies topped with a Key Lime Glaze!
Key Lime Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons key lime juice
2 teaspoons grated key lime (or just plain ol' lime) zest
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (I omitted these in this batch because Holly doesn't like nuts.)
Key Lime Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup key lime juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lime juice and peel.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt and add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the nuts (if you use them)
- Chill dough one hour before preparing to bake.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake until the bottoms are lightly browned - about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on wire racks while you make the key lime glaze.
- For the glaze, stir together ingredients and drizzle over your cookies.
- Allow the glaze to set (if you can wait that long) and store in an air tight container.
Keywords: key lime shortbread, key lime glaze