Make your own homemade Key Lime Curd in less than 20 minutes!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cold water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup key lime juice
2 teaspoons of lime zest
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Bring it to a boil on low-medium heat and whisk constantly. This mixture needs to get fairly thick - almost like a thick pudding consistency.
- When the mixture thickens, reduce your heat to low and stir/whisk for another minute.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, place in a non-metallic bowl and add key lime juice and zest.
- Allow your key lime curd to cool and thicken at room temperature.
- Store in your fridge for up to a three days.
Keywords: lime curd, key lime curd