Simple Butter Cilantro Rice gets a ton of flavor from a simple grocery store ingredient! This easy side dish is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any weeknight meal!
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup recaito culantro cooking base see notes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup long grain rice (not instant rice)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water (or stock) to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in rice, recaito culantro cooking base, butter and salt/pepper.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and spoon into serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
*I found the green recaito culantro cooking base in the Hispanic/Latin section of my grocery store.
Keywords: cilantro rice