Move your shrimp boil from the stovetop to the grill with our Shrimp Boil on the Grill! Seasoned potatoes, tender corn, smoky sausage, and fresh shrimp cook to perfection in foil bundles and clean up couldn't be easier!
Shrimp Boil Foil Bundles
- 1 1/2 lbs medium or large Gulf shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 ears of Florida sweet corn - cut each ear into 3 or 4 sections
- One 14 oz. package of smoked sausage sliced into rounds
- 10-12 petite red potatoes (quartered)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 8 tablespoons of butter
Shrimp Boil Seasoning
- Stir together: 1 1/2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning Blend (1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Pre-cook potatoes: Place quartered potatoes in a microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup water and microwave for about 3 minutes. Drain excess water after cooking.
- Tear 4 lengths of foil about 24 inches long.
- Divide shrimp, corn sections, sausage and potatoes between the 4 foil packets.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the ingredients.
- Sprinkle each packet with a heaping teaspoon of Shrimp Boil Seasoning.
- For each packet, cut 2 tablespoons of butter into cubes and sprinkle it between the ingredients.
- Draw the two horizontal edges of the foil together and fold down over ingredients. Then, fold the ends over the top of each packet and press down to seal well.
- Place each packet on the grill - over medium heat - for 25 to 30 minutes.
- At the 20 minute mark, check for doneness. Potatoes should be fork tender, corn should be softened and the shrimp should be light pink and opaque.
- Remove the foil bundles from the grill and serve with lemon wedges, toasted bread (for sopping up all that seasoned sauce!) and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Keywords: shrimp boil