With only 4 ingredients, this Pork Taco Rice Casserole is easy and hearty! Serve it with your favorite taco toppings and cornbread!
- 1 pound of 80% lean ground pork
- One tablespoon of taco seasoning
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One box Spanish rice mix (plus 2 tablespoons butter to prepare)
- 2 cups of water
- One 10 oz. can tomatoes & chiles (undrained)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, begin browning ground pork.
- Add taco seasoning and garlic powder to the pork and stir to combine.
- In another large skillet, toast the rice in the butter until it is browned and fragrant.
- Add water and, instead of the can of diced tomatoes called for on the box, add the can of tomatoes & chiles to the rice mix.
- Allow the rice to come to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to simmer.
- When the pork is cooked through (160 degrees F), stir into rice and continue to simmer until rice is tender - about 15 minutes.
- Divide rice mixture between two 1 1/2 quart casserole dishes or one 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover the casserole(s) with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is browned and the casserole is bubbly.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos, black olives, etc. and corn bread.
Keywords: pork taco rice casserole