Need an easy, fast, family-friendly dinner recipe? Homemade pizza boats are easy to customize to your taste and perfect for parties, busy weeknights, or anytime!
- French or Italian bread (wide and soft bread works best)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or more to taste)
- pepperoni or toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper if desired.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic powder. Brush mixture over the cut sides of the bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marinara and toppings, covering all the way to the edges of the bread. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crisp.
Keywords: pizza boat, French bread pizza