I’m sharing my tried and true method of making the PERFECT Hard Boiled Eggs that works 9 out of 10 Times! Because let’s face it – sometimes hard boiled eggs are jerks.
- 10 large eggs
- Place the eggs in a 3 quart pot and cover with cold water.
- Salt the water generously.
- Bring the eggs to a boil over medium-high heat and boil them for 9 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the direct heat and allow eggs to sit in hot water for 9 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and cover the eggs with cold tap water and add about 2 cups of ice.
- Once the ice has melted, drain the water from the eggs.
- Gently tap the hard boiled eggs to crack the shell and peel it away gently. Rinse each egg to remove any stray shell pieces.
- Refrigerate the eggs for up to a week.
Are your hard boiled eggs peeling poorly? There is a membrane between the cooked egg and the shell. Make sure you are removing the membrane with the shell and not the shell from the membrane. Sometimes, I also run a bit of water while I am peeling the eggs and it seems to help lift the shell away from the egg. If all else fails, peel those eggs the best you can and make egg salad!