Make homemade cocoa even more special with the addition of some minty flavor! This Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe is easy to make with just 3 ingredients and ready in ten minutes!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine milk and chocolate chips in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat stirring often.
- Continue to heat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add peppermint extract and stir to mix.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream if desired.
- You can choose what type of milk to use. I generally use 2% because that’s what I have on hand but if you want a thicker, richer result use whole milk or half milk and half heavy cream.
- Stirring often is crucial to avoid burning the milk and chocolate, don’t skip that step!
- Do not try to speed this up by making on high temperature as you may scorch it. Slow and steady wins in this recipe!
Keywords: peppermint hot chocolate