- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick cold butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches (peeled and cut into slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Squeeze of lemon juice (I actually used one drop of Young Living lemon essential oil!)
- Preheat your oven to 425*.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut in the butter until your mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the beaten egg and the evaporated milk.
- Add the wet mixture all at once to your bowl of dry ingredients and stir just enough to moisten.
- If you want to make individual biscuits, spoon the batter onto your lightly sprayed baking sheet. (You should get about 10 biscuits.)
- If you want one large biscuit (like the one pictured), spread the batter into a 8 inch or 9 inch baking pan sprayed lightly with baking spray.
- Bake just until lightly browned and if you bake one large biscuit, use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Simmer all ingredients in a sauce pan, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Just before serving, place large biscuit on a serving tray or cake stand (or split individual biscuits in a bowl) and top with peach topping. Finish with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.