Mexican Chicken and Rice is an easy, one pan, 30 minute meal the entire family will love. With tons of flavor and fail-proof prep, this is a weeknight dinner recipe you'll turn to again and again!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
- 11 ounce can fiesta style corn, drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add diced chicken breast and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook until browned, about 8-9 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, rice, Rotel, and corn. Stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Keywords: Mexican chicken and rice