Oats, nuts, coconut and spices are baked to a deliciously spiced homemade granola that is perfect to sprinkle over yogurt, ice cream, fruit or to snack on!
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/3 cup almond slices
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix oats, almonds, pecans and coconut.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Drizzle oat and nut mixture with olive oil and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the spice mixture over the oat mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture over the oat mixture and stir.
- Spread granola in a thin layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, rotating pan half way through baking.
- Allow granola to cool and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Gingerbread Granola at A Beautiful Life: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/12/gingerbread-granola.html.
Keywords: homemade granola