These easy, Soft Pumpkin Cookies are supremely soft and chewy, with a subtle pumpkin flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness! Best of all, they are ready to eat in less than 20 minutes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a 1 oz. cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are set but not browned.
- Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container up to one week with layers of parchment paper or wax paper in between to prevent sticking.
Keywords: soft pumpkin cookies