These light and fluffy pancakes are perfection thanks to self-rising flour! With only 4 ingredients and no baking powder or baking soda, you can have these pancakes ready to eat in just 10 minutes!
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix the self-rising flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredient and mix to combine. The batter will be slightly lumpy but that is okay!
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot pan. Let the pancake cook 2-3 minutes or until the top surface begins to bubble and the edges are set.
- Flip the pancake and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Over-mixing pancakes is a sure-fire way to get a tough texture. Mix until just combined, some lumps are okay!
To freeze pancakes allow them to cool then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 308.6 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 31.8 mg
Keywords: fluffy pancakes