Your friends and family will rave about this Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake! A lemon cake gets drenched in strawberry Jello, topped with a fluffy lemon topping and covered in fresh sliced strawberries!
For the Cake
- One 9x13 lemon cake mix + ingredients called for on box mix
- 3 ounce box of strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Sliced strawberries
For the Lemon Topping
- 3 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (thawed)
- Bake a 9 x 13 lemon cake according to package directions and allow cake to cool.
- Use a wooden spoon or another utensil like a large fork or the handle of a regular spoon to poke holes all over the cooled cake. (These holes are where the Jell-O will settle in, so spread them out so every piece of cake will have strawberry Jell-O.)
- Mix the Jell-O powder with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Stir until all gelatin powder is dissolved, then add 1/2 cup COLD water.
- Pour the Jell-O over the top of the cake, getting into each hole and all over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate cake at least 3 hours to allow the Jell-O to set up.
For the Topping
- Stir together the lemon pudding mix and 1 cup cold milk.
- Once combined, fold in the whipped topping and mix just until incorporated into the pudding mixture.
- Spread the topping over the cake.
- At this point, you can pop the cake until the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle on sliced strawberries.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 351.9 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 31.5 mg
Keywords: lemon strawberry poke cake