Lemon Glazed Lemon Bars from a Cake Mix are a simple lemon dessert that will have your taste buds singing! These soft, tangy lemon bars are drenched in a 2 ingredient lemon glaze and sprinkled with fresh lemon zest for a big pop of citrus flavor!
- 1 15.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking/cake pan with foil (allow the edge of the foil to extend past the ends of the pan to create ‘handles’ that make removal of the cookie bars easy) and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and softened butter until thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick and a bit sticky.
- Use a spatula to spread/press the batter evenly in the lined 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the lemon bars are baked through and lightly browned.
- Allow the baked lemon dough to cool and then use the foil ‘handles’ to gently lift the bars onto a flat surface like a large cutting board or baking sheet.
- Cut into 15 -20 squares depending on the size of bars you prefer.
- While the bars are cooling, zest the lemon then squeeze 1/2 the lemon for the fresh lemon juice for the glaze.
- Prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add additional powdered sugar or lemon juice as needed until the glaze is thin enough to drizzle over the bars.
- Drizzle lemon bars with lemon glaze and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Store in an air tight container.
Keywords: lemon bars, lemon glazed lemon bars