Flavorful seasoned ground turkey, nutty brown rice, crisp shredded veggies and crunchy noodles are tossed together in this quick and tasty dinner ready in just 20 minutes – Korean Turkey Rice Bowls!
- One pound Ground Turkey 85/15
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 16 oz. microwaveable brown rice
- Pre-shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage & carrots)
- Crispy chow mein noodles
- One lime (cut into wedges)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey with onion powder, ground ginger and garlic. (You can add a pinch of red pepper flakes and/or 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the pan if using.)
- Once the turkey is browned, stir in brown sugar and soy sauce and allow turkey to simmer for a few minutes.
- Microwave brown rice according to package directions.
- Divide cooked rice between four bowls.
- Divide cooked turkey on top of the rice.
- Add a small handful of coleslaw mix, a sprinkle of chow mein noodles and a lime wedge to the bowls.
- Squeeze the lime over the rice bowl and stir to combine.
Keywords: Korean Turkey Rice bowls