Chicken sausage, pasta, and spinach are coated in a creamy tomato sauce for this easy 30 minute meal the entire family will love!
- 12 ounce pasta (thicker pasta such as penne)
- 5 links (16 ounce package) Italian chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 24 ounce can marinara sauce
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen spinach (3 cups if raw fresh spinach)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, add a cup of water and simmer sausages over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Remove sausages from pan and slice into rounds. Return to pan and cook 4-5 minute to brown.
- Add olive oil and garlic to pan and cook one minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add marinara, heavy cream, spinach, and red pepper. Stir to mix.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until spinach is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- if using precooked sausage skip step 2
Keywords: chicken sausage pasta