Italian Broccoli is a fast, easy side dish packed with flavors. Broccoli florets are fast steamed, then sautéed with olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in this dish that can be prepared in just 15 minutes!
- 1 1/4 pound broccoli
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Chop broccoli into bite-size florets.
- Fill a large pot or Dutch oven with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add broccoli to the pot and allow to steam for 2 minutes. Drain and use a paper towel to carefully wipe the interior of the pot dry.
- Return pot to the stove over medium high heat and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot to coat the bottom.
- Return broccoli to the pot in a single layer and allow to cook 3 minutes without stirring to toast the broccoli.
- Reduce heat to low. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat.
- Cook 2-3 additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Italian broccoli