Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole is a family-friendly, quick to assemble dinner recipe perfect for busy weeknights. Ground beef is layered with hash browns and cheese and baked to perfection in this easy recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 20 ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- salt & pepper (optional)
- green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Layer meat in the bottom of a 9 by 13″ casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine hash browns, milk, soup, butter, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well.
- Pour hash brown mixture over the ground beef and spread to make an even layer.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, serve garnished with chopped green onion if desired.
- feel free to salt & pepper your ground beef, or even add a seasoning salt such as Lawry’s if you want to amp up the flavor
- use a BIG bowl for mixing the hash brown mixture, it’s a lot of ingredients and can make a mess if you use too small a bowl, I use my largest mixing bowl
Keywords: ground beef hash brown casserole