Ground Beef and Rice Skillet is a 30 minute, one pan meal the entire family will love! Ground beef, rice, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese come together for a complete comfort food meal.
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (undrained)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- parsley for garnish if desired
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain and return to skillet. While meat is browning, dice onion and bell pepper.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper to meat and stir to mix. Cook 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add beef broth, rice, Rotel, and Worcestershire to the skillet and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minute or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with chopped parsley if desired.
- Do not pre-cook the rice, it cooks up in the liquid in the skillet and absorbs all that amazing flavor.
- Don't rush the step cooking the onion and garlic with the meat, this adds a lot of flavor to the meat and makes the final result so tasty.
- Want it spicier? Choose the "Hot" variety of Rotel to add in.
Keywords: ground beef and rice skillet dinner