With a rich chocolatey center and a crispy crackly top, my Grandma’s Wonderful Brownies are truly the BEST brownies from scratch!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare two 8×8 pans with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Split batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the brownies is crackled and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies is clean when removed.
- Allow brownies to cool and cut each pan into 16 squares.