Dump Cake is one of the easiest desserts out there! Simply combine fruit (in this case fruit cocktail!) and cake mix and butter for a delicious dessert with just minutes prep!
- 3 cans fruit cocktail with cherries
- 1 box butter golden or yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the fruit cocktail mix and pour into a 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the fruit, covering it completely.
- Melt one stick of butter and pour over the cake, trying to cover as much of the cake mix as possible, it will not cover it all. Take the half stick of butter remaining and cut into pats (single serving size) and place pats on any dry spots remaining.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is a golden brown.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Keywords: fruit cocktail dump cake