Jiffy Cornbread Casserole is an easy and delicious family-friendly dinner recipe! This loaded ground beef casserole is packed with flavor thanks to Ro-tel, taco seasoning, and lots and lots of cheese and taco toppings!
- (2) 8 ounce boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounce can cream style corn
- 11 ounce can mexicorn, drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 15 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix together corn muffin mix, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in creamed corn and mexicorn. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning and ⅔ cup water and stir to coat. Add Rotel and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Pour half of the cornbread mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Top the cornbread batter with the beef mixture.
- Add half of the cheese over the ground beef mixture and top with remaining cornbread batter.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Top with your favorite taco toppings if desired.
Keywords: Mexican Cornbread Casserole