Romaine lettuce, green apples, Swiss cheese and cashews are drenched in a dreamy drizzle of Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing for this simple statement salad!
For the Salad
- 2-3 hearts of romaine lettuce (coarsely chopped or ripped)
- 1-2 green apples (cored & cut into bite sized pieces)
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese (cubed)
- 1 1/3 cups cashew halves/pieces
For the Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, vinegar, sugar and poppy seeds. If you have time, refrigerate the dressing for at least 1/2 hour to allow the flavor to settle in.
- Just before serving, layer or toss together the lettuce, apples, Swiss cheese and cashews. I like to layer the ingredients in a big glass bowl and toss everything together just before serving.
- Drizzle the salad with the Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing and enjoy!
The prepared dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.