Creamy Bean Dip is an easy appetizer that is perfect for Cinco de Mayo! Beans, cream cheese, spices and cheddar cheese are baked until bubbly, then topped with crumbled cotija cheese!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 small can Rotel (drained (mild or hot to taste))
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients except cotija cheese.
- Spread the bean mixture in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake until bean dip is bubbly and hot – 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbed cotija cheese.
Spices can be replaced with a packet of your favorite taco seasoning.
Cotija cheese is a Mexican crumbling cheese similar to feta. If you cannot find cotija cheese, you can use additional cheddar cheese or quesadilla cheese.