With no crazy ingredients or special techniques needed, this Classic Roasted Turkey Breast recipe is our family’s favorite part of our Thanksgiving meal and always results in a tender, perfectly seasoned bird!
- One 6 lb. turkey breast
- One stick (1/2 cup melted butter)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- In a baking dish large enough to fit your turkey breast, open a roasting bag. Make sure to leave the open end up so the liquids don’t escape.
- Place turkey breast in bag, skin side up.
- Pour chicken stock in the bottom of the roasting bag.
- Brush melted butter all over turkey breast making sure to coat all of the skin and gently pour any remaining butter over the breast.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Close roasting bag with provided tie/closure.
- Place baking dish in the oven – move oven racks down if necessary to ensure that once the bag expands during cooking, it will not touch any surface of the oven.
- Bake 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 165*.
- Remove from oven and allow turkey breast to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Reserve cooking liquid for gravy.
Keywords: roast turkey breast