Classic Roasted Turkey Breast is a wonderful alternative to roasting an entire turkey for small gatherings. With no fancy ingredients and just a few minutes prep, you can have juicy, moist, and perfectly seasoned turkey perfect for Thanksgiving or special occasions!
- 6 lb. turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup dry white wine (we used chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Move oven rack to the lower third of the oven to make room for the roast.
- Place a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Pat turkey breast dry and place on the rack skin side up.
- Ina bowl, combine olive oil, herbs and spices. Mix to form a paste.
- Rub the herb paste over the surface of the turkey breast. You can also put it under the skin if you wish.
- Pour wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast turkey for about 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted into the thickest parts of the breast. (Test in several spots.)
- Remove turkey from oven and tent with foil. Allow to rest at least 15 minutes before slicing
- Make gravy with the drippings if desired.
- if turkey skin is over-browning cover loosely with foil
- add more wine to the roasting pan if needed as it evaporates
Keywords: roast turkey breast