Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies need only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes start to finish for a delicious addition to any holiday cookie exchange!
- One 15.25 oz. chocolate cake mix (I used triple chocolate fudge!)
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick, softened)
- 1 egg
- Peppermint kiss shaped chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Prepare your baking sheets with Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets.
- Mix ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Use about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place rolled dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, remove the foil wrappers from the peppermint kiss shaped chocolates.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, carefully place one peppermint kiss shaped chocolate in the center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and store in an air tight container.
You can add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk (or flavored coffee creamer) to the dough, though it is totally optional.
Keywords: chocolate peppermint cookies