Chicken Pot Pie Casserole just got even easier with the additional of buttery, flaky biscuits on top!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounce package refrigerated biscuits (we use Pillsbury Grands Original)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and vegetables to the pan and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are warmed through.
- Add flour and stir to coat. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan and scrape the bottom to deglaze.
- Stir in heavy cream and poultry seasoning.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbling.
- Return chicken and any juices to the pan. Stir to mix.
- Pour chicken pot pie filling into a 9 b y 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with biscuits.
- Bake 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave.
Keywords: chicken pot pie casserole