- One 9x13 white cake (baked and cooled)
- One 3 oz box of cherry Jell-O
- One tub prepared vanilla frosting (or a batch of homemade buttercream or 8 oz. whipped topping)
- Black and red decorating sugar
- One can cherry pie filling
- Plastic vampire fangs for garnish
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a large drinking straw to poke holes over the entire surface of the cooled cake.
- Prepare Jell-o with 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water. (This is 1/2 cup less water than the directions on the box.)
- Pour Jell-o over the cake – make sure to get some in every hole and over the surface of the cake.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Just prior to serving, frost cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkle on black and red sugar.
- Add dollops of cherry pie filling to the top of the cake and plastic vampire fangs on top of the pie filling.
- Serve each piece of cake with additional pie filling to drip down the sides of the cake.