Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes are loaded with garlic, butter, cream, sour cream, and tons of cheddar cheese. These creamy mashed potatoes are the ultimate comfort food recipe and can be ready in under an hour!
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into uniform pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil until potatoes are just fork tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Add butter, sour cream, heavy cream and salt. Mix together.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- starting the potatoes in cold water ensures they cook evenly on the inside
Keywords: garlic mashed potatoes