These Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Cups are hearty, healthy and freezer friendly! Top with bananas, walnuts and a drizzle of syrup for a delicious breakfast!
- 3 cups oats (quick cook or old fashioned)
- 1 teas baking powder
- 1 teas apple pie spice
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup banana (mashed/pureed)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla, almond or banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 12-well muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix all 6 dry ingredients together.
- In a second bowl, mix all 4 wet ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture between the cups of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cups are baked through and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing the baked oatmeal cups from the muffin tin.
- Top with sliced bananas, walnut and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Substitutions: You can substitute ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for the apple pie spice. You can substitute any fruit puree for the mashed banana (I actually used 2 banana applesauce pouches because my bananas were not ripe). I used whole milk, but you can use any nut milk or even skim milk. // Storage Tips: Store baked and cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container for 2-3 days. To freeze, wrap each oatmeal cup in plastic wrap and store in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer. Remove from freezer and reheat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warm.