Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is an easy main course recipe that is special enough for entertaining! Pork tenderloin is wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven. The tender, flavorful meat is enhanced by the bacon and cut into medallions to serve for the perfect presentation!
- 5 slices bacon
- pork tenderloin (1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Lay bacon flat horizontally across baking sheet and place pork tenderloin vertically across. Cris cross bacon across tenderloin to wrap.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg to a simmer over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Brush glaze over the meat with a pastry brush. Bake additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If desired, broil for 2 minutes to crisp bacon on top.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Allwo to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- If there is a lot of grease on your baking sheet from the bacon, remove to a different pan before broiling to reduce splatter and smoke.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Keywords: bacon wrapped pork tenderloin