Toasted salt & pepper almonds are the perfect crunchy topping for salad, cottage cheese and more! They are super easy to make at home and so delicious!
- 8 oz. sliced unsalted almonds
- Olive oil (I used my Misto)
- Salt (I used Pink Himalayan salt from Trader Joe’s)
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread sliced almonds in a single layer on the parchment.
- Spritz the almonds with olive oil – you don’t have to drench them in oil, just spritz enough for the salt and pepper to stick to the almonds.
- Alternately, you can drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the almonds in a small bowl, stir to coat and then spread them over the parchment.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 12 minutes – stir at 6 minutes, spread the almonds back out and bake another 6 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and brown but not burnt. Ovens bake differently, so just keep an eye on them as they get close to the 10-12 minute mark.
- Allow almonds to cool and store in an air tight container.