- Around 20 baby bella (baby portabella or button/white mushroom caps*)
- About 1 1/2 cups prepared stuffing *
- 10 slices of cheese – provolone (pepper jack, mozzarella or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Clean mushroom caps – use a barely damp cloth to brush off dirt/debris – and then remove stem and gills.
- Fill each mushroom cap with prepared stuffing.
- Top each mushroom cap with sliced cheese – we used 1/2 a slice for each mushroom cap.
- Bake until mushroom caps are softened and the cheese is melted. My mushrooms took about 15-20 minutes to bake. (Baking times may vary depending on the size and type of mushroom.)
- Then, turn oven to broil and place mushrooms under broiler to brown cheese. Watch closely so they do not burn.
*The amount of stuffing and the baking time will vary depending on the size and type of mushroom used. The mushrooms should soften and become tender (you will also see them shrink a bit and release some liquid), but you don’t want them to get too soft and difficult to pick up.