All About Poke Cakes!
Poke cakes start with a basic cake then poke holes and add a filling to infuse it with extra flavor!
These are just a few of my favorite poke cake recipes. Enjoy!
Lemon cake and strawberry jello
– One 9x13 lemon cake mix + ingredients called for on box mix – One small box of strawberry Jell-O – 1 cup boiling water – ½ cup cold water – Sliced strawberries – One small box of instant lemon pudding – 1 cup cold milk – 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (thawed)
1. Bake a 9 x 13 lemon cake according to package directions and allow cake to cool. 2. Use a wooden spoon or another utensil like a large fork or the handle of a regular spoon to poke holes all over the cooled cake. (These holes are where the Jell-O will settle in, so spread them out so every piece of cake will have strawberry Jell-O.) 3. Mix the Jell-O powder with 1 cup of boiling water. 4. Stir until all gelatin powder is dissolved, then add ½ cup COLD water. 5. Pour the Jell-O over the top of the cake, getting into each hole and all over the top of the cake. 6. Refrigerate cake at least 3 hours to allow the Jell-O to set up.
FOR THE TOPPING 1. Stir together the lemon pudding mix and 1 cup cold milk. 2. Once combined, fold in the whipped topping and mix just until incorporated into the pudding mixture. 3. Spread the topping over the cake. 4. At this point, you can pop the cake until the refrigerator until ready to serve. 5. Just before serving, sprinkle on sliced strawberries. 6. Enjoy!
OREO POKE CAKE
chocolate cake, OREO pudding and cookies, along with a whipped cream and cookie crumble topping
– Chocolate cake mix + ingredients to make the cake (eggs, water, oil) – 3 cups milk – 2 (4 ounce) packages OREO instant pudding mix – 8 ounce tub Cool Whip – OREO cookies for topping, crushed
1. Bake cake according to package directions in a 9 by 13 inch pan. Allow to cool 15 minutes. 2. Meanwhile, mix pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl. 3. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake one inch apart. 4. Pour the pudding mixture over the cake, aiming for the holes. Use the back of a spoon to spread the pudding mixture over the cake evenly. 5. Top cake with layer of whipped cream and crushed OREO cookies. 6. Refrigerate cake for at least one hour before serving.
RED WHITE AND BLUE POKE CAKE
– One white cake mix + ingredients to prepare it – One 3 oz. box of Berry Blue Jell-o – One 3 oz. box of Cherry Jell-o – One 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (thawed) – Red & blue food coloring (optional) – Patriotic sprinkles or jimmies (optional)
Want even more poke cakes? Find them all below!