- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix + ingredients called for on box
- 2 cups caramel bits
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix cake mix as directed on box.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into a 9×13 baking pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes or until layer is just baked through.
- While the first layer is baking, melt caramel bits with evaporated milk over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Pour melted caramel over the baked layer.
- Sprinkle evenly with pecans and mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the remaining batter over the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake an additional 25 – 30 minutes until the center of the second layer is done.
- Frost with chocolate glaze or Cool Whip.
- Can be served warm or cold.