Grab your gal pals and host a Tropical Summer Craft Party! From decor to food to 4 easy craft projects, I’ve got everything you need to throw a bright, festive Summer craft day for the girls! This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
If you ask me, there is no better way to spend a Summer Saturday than with 6 of my best gal pals, an easy tropical themed party menu (featuring some of my favorite, in season Fresh from Florida produce) and creative crafting! Throw in a sparkling party punch, a few hours of catching up with the ladies, 4 tropical crafts and this girl is in heaven! I can’t wait to share all the details of the colorful Tropical Summer Craft Party with you!
Tropical Summer Craft Party!!
Decorations for a Tropical Summer Craft Party
A Summer party is the perfect time to pull out the stops for color so I made sure that there were lots of pops of leaf green, watermelon pink and sunny yellow carried throughout the party decor. Flamingos, tropical leaves and pineapples are a great choice to highlight those colors and bring a festive tropical theme!
- A colorful tropical leaf & flower garland hung behind the table is an easy way to reinforce the tropical theme
- A flamingo picture (featuring the Sunshine State) added a little whimsy to the table
- Bright colored plates and cups highlighted the tropical colors of the party
- I added tropical leaf decor by using a place mat and paper coasters scattered on top of the white table cloth
- Simple white and metal dishware/serving pieces really allow the colors of the food to POP
- Small details like the yellow pineapple swizzle sticks and paper drink umbrellas add more color and just scream “Summer”
- Two acrylic flamingo glasses corral silver ware and flamingo napkins round out the buffet table
I might be a little partial to this flamingo picture … it will have a permanent place in my decor after the party!
Easy Food & Drinks for a Tropical Summer Craft Party
Now, let’s get to the good stuff! The PARTY FOOD!!
With so much gorgeous Florida produce like watermelon, sweet corn, blueberries, bell peppers and star fruit in season, I was inspired to create a fun tropical themed menu with some of the mouth-watering ingredients grown in my home state. In season produce is affordable and at its peak for freshness and flavor, so highlighting sweet corn and watermelon was a no brainer! Look for the Fresh from Florida logo in your grocery store and then click here for Fresh from Florida recipes for your Summer parties!
Here is what is on the menu for this tropical party:
- Skinny Sparkling Pineapple Lemonade – this sparkling lemonade is easy to make and so refreshing!
- Tortilla chips, tomato salsa and homemade Corn & Avacodo Salsa featuring Fresh from Florida sweet corn
- Pineapple Shaped Cheese Tray & Crackers – when you are buying the fresh pineapple for the fruit salad, ask the produce department for the top of the pineapple to use for this cheese tray 🙂
- Sweet & Smoky Hawaiian Cocktail Sausages – the combination of crushed pineapple & BBQ sauce is delicious!
- Easy Tropical Fruit Salad featuring Fresh from Florida watermelon, served in clear plastic cups and garnished with paper drink umbrellas!
Packed with fresh fruit and an orange/lemon/vanilla dressing, this Easy Tropical Fruit Salad is a delicious addition to any Summer menu!
- 1/4 small Fresh from Florida watermelon (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 fresh pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 15 oz. cans mandarin oranges (preferably in juice not light syrup) (**reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 quarts strawberries (about 4 cups) (tops removed, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup reserved juice from oranges
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the reserved juice from the oranges, the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, stir together fruit and juice mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, spoon fruit salad into individual clear plastic cups and top with a colorful paper drink umbrella.
All the ladies loaded up their plates and enjoyed fueling up on lots of fresh fruit and veggies before settling down to get their craft on!
Quick tip: Let the buffet table do double duty! Once we filled our plates and cups, I moved all of the food/drinks to my kitchen, moved the cute party decor and added chairs around the table. The paper tablecloth protected the table top from glue, sugar scrub and ink pads and I just threw it away for easy clean up!
4 Easy Craft Projects for a Tropical Summer Craft Party
- Dollar Store Pineapple Candle Craft
- Using green card stock, trace the lid of the candle and cut out a circle to cover the lid
- Using green card stock, cut pineapple leaves and make sure to cut a small tab at the bottom of the leaves so you can fold it and attach the leaves to the green circle. (You can see the tab in the pictures above and below.)
- With craft glue, glue the green circle to the lid of the candle and glue the tab of the leaves in the center of the circle.
- Tie a bow with twine around the candle lid.
- Tropical Trail Mix in a Gift Bag
- Mix together mini pretzel twists, cashews, dried pineapple, white chocolate chips and banana chips together and scoop it into a cellophane bag.
- Place the tropical trail mix in a small paper bag
- Use a decorative binder clip to decorate the paper bag with color tropical leaves, flowers and a simple twine bow
- Dollar Store Bath Bomb Gift
- Place shredded paper and an individually wrapped bath bomb in a small cellophane bag
- With ink and small alphabet stamps, stamp a paper tag with “You’re the Bomb” and attach it to the bag with colorful twine
- Watermelon Scented Sugar Scrub – inspired by the Fresh from Florida watermelon!
- Mix together 3/4 cup granulated sugar with 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Add several drops of watermelon fragrance and a bit of red/pink food coloring and stir until everything is incorporated
- Scoop mixture into a mason jar and secure the lid.
- Using colorful twine, tie on a watermelon shaped paper tag
This is not the first craft party and it is definitely not the last! Do you like seeing easy decor, recipes and crafts so you can host your own craft party? Which Fresh from Florida recipe do you want to try: Corn & Avocado Salsa or the Easy Tropical Fruit Salad?!
More Fresh From Florida Recipes!