Now THIS is some serious game day grub – Steak & Cheese Onion Rings! Crispy onion rings, a cheesy sauce loaded with onions and peppers, topped with crispy beef!
- 2 bags Alexia crispy onion rings
- One 32 oz. block of white queso prepared cheese product (cut into cubes)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- One 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups each green peppers and onions (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (separated)
- 1 pound deli roast beef (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Banana or jalapeno peppers (if desired)
- In your slow cooker set to high, add white cheese, mushroom soup and cream cheese.
- In a large skillet, saute green peppers and onions in 1 teaspoon of olive oil under tender but not completely cooked through – these will continue to soften as they simmer in the cheese sauce.
- Add sautéed peppers and onions to slow cooker.
- Once the cheeses are melted and you can stir to combine with the veggies, turn slow cooker to low and allow the sauce to simmer/warm until you are ready to serve, about 1 hour. Be sure to stir the cheese sauce occasionally.
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, prepare Alexia onion rings according to package directions – we always bake ours until they are really crispy.
- While the onion rings are baking, sauté roast beef with Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet until the beef is crispy.
- Once the onions rings are baked, pile them on a plate or platter, spoon the cheese sauce over the onion rings and sprinkle with crispy beef and peppers (if desired).
- You can serve these “buffet style” and allow guests to build their own plates of Touchdown Steak & Cheese Onion Rings!
Keywords: Steak & Cheese Onion Rings